Ladders and scaffoldings are widely used in multiple sectors in Australia. In some areas like construction, the use of these items is unavoidable. Ladders and scaffoldings have been practising in many sectors for many decades. The increase in industrialisation in Australia made the sector contributing 9 per cent of the GDP of Australia. This massive increment attracted many tools makers like Indalex to the Australian market. Indalex Ladders are one of the most liked by the construction sector due to their quality.
Ladders are fabricated structures that help to get to a certain height. They come in different sizes and shapes. The advantage of ladders over the scaffolding is ready to use nature. Also, its portability is far better than scaffolding. Scaffoldings tend to have more weight than that of the ladder with the same height. The disadvantage is that the maximum length of a ladder is not extendable.
Types of ladders
There are many types of ladders in the market, and the Indalex Ladders have a wide variety of ladder collections in the Australian market.
- Fibreglass ladders: Fibreglass ladders are much safer in working challenging works sites. The fibreglass steps insulate the step from the body of the ladder. This feature helps in the work on sites with electrical hazards.
- All aluminium ladders: The whole aluminium built ladders are more affordable and casual in the Australian market.
- 3 in 1 ladder: A ladder must provide some freedom in use. Also, it should be able to fit in congested areas. A 3 in 1 ladder satisfies this condition with its adjustable supports. It can work as a usual step ladder. Also, by adjusting the support, it can act as a leaning ladder and straight ladder. This feature helps in achieving different heights without the need for extra ladders.
- Extension ladders: Extension ladders are a convenient option for a job that requires transporting them. Longer ladders are difficult to transport and need special vehicles. An extendable ladder can change its height. So while transportation can fit in less space and during work, the length can adjust as per requirement.
- Ladders with platforms: Ladders are not only using in the construction field, but they also come in handy in offices and houses. For getting something to a height or picking something from a particular rise, the ladders are helpful. In such conditions, a ladder with a platform at the top will give more comfortable working.
- Single ladder: This ladder is a single structure made out of aluminium for reaching higher lengths. These ladders will have more rigidity and length than extendable type ladders. Also, the cost will be less than other ladders.
- Single-sided ladder: These ladders will have steps on one side and support on the other side. It will be less pricey than a double-sided ladder, and the weight also considerably less.
- Telescopic ladder: A telescopic ladder is the most compact single ladder. These ladders can fit into a small space, and when needed, they can unfold into a single long ladder. The design is telescopic means it is thicker at the base and thinner at the top.
Unlike ladders, scaffoldings are not a single unit. It is a collection of several parts that can join as per requirement. This feature increases the flexibility of transportation. Also, these do not have a fixed height. By joining parts, the length can increase as per requirement. But the disadvantage of scaffolding is that it requires some time to set up.
Parts of scaffolding
- Base: The base structure gives support to the pieces above it. These bases can be movable or fixed base types.
- Tower unit: The tower unit is all the parts above the bottom of the scaffolding.