The abbreviation of ISO is The International organization of standardization. ISO defines the critical standards of any product available in the market. To get ISO certified, a company has to check all the necessary parameters. The standardization includes all aspects such as quality, safety, product efficiency, processing, packaging, distribution, and so on. This certification is like an acknowledgment to all the customers who are investing in the products. ISO has formulated various standards. Such as ISO 27001 Certification, ISO 9000, ISO / IEC 27000, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, and many more. It is a value-added accreditation to any organization.
ISO was first established in 1947 officially and formerly known as the International Federation of the National Standardizing Associations in 1942. The headquarters is in Geneva, Switzerland, and the founders first established it in London, UK. The official languages used in ISO are English, French, and Russian. Members of this organization are all over the world from about 165 countries. ISO has three member categories, namely Full members, Correspondent members, and Subscriber members, where each members-only has access to specific functions of the association.
ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION:
ISO has developed many standards and Regulations. ISO 27001 falls under the 27000 series of certifications. It includes ISO 27000, 27001, 27002, 27005, 27017, 27031, 27032. All these standards focus on Information Security Standards.
ISO 27001 is available to any organization or company irrespective of size, brand, type, nature, or profit. It is a non – governmental, independent international association. This standard focuses on protecting information and data by providing Information Security Management Systems (ISMS). The rates of the cyber-attacks state that security breaches are high. ISMS can avoid security risks.
ISO 27001 is a standardization formulated on the basis to protect three main characteristics of information which are as follows,
- Confidentiality – It entitles access only to authorized people and is free from any form of external breaches.
- Integrity – All the data is secured and maintained without any form of alterations or forgery of documents.
- Availability – Data stored once can be referred at any time by authorized officials of the organization.
- This certification helps organizations to organize their information and conserve them accordingly.
- It provides security and manages information cost-efficiently.
- They provide robust information security management systems to safeguard the assets of the organization.
- They provide specifications to comply with host laws like General Data Protection Regulations commonly known as GDPR and Networking System Regulations.
- It protects all forms of data, be it digital, paperwork, or cloud storage.
- It increases resilience against any form of external attacks.
- It can resolve threats by assisting the organization with specific guidelines.
- The wholeness of data is unaltered.
- ISMS takes the whole organization under the protection and not just the IT department.
- It gains customer’s trust with the certifications.
High profile organizations have registered ISO 27001 Certification to small scale agencies to protect their information. It mitigates security risks unfolding and also provides complete assurance for the data stored. It follows a systematic process comprising people, processes, and technology. Your data is maintained safely at affordable rates with this certification. They ensure the safety and quality of products and services and cut off costs in risk management and client traffic increases with the ISO certification, respectively. This series mainly adheres to maintaining high-security standards.