According to the latest TIOBE Programming Community Index, Python is one of the top 10 most popular programming languages. The first and foremost reason for Python’s popularity is it is highly productive as compared to other programming languages like Java and C++. It is much more expressive and concise language that requires less effort, time, and lines of code to perform any operation. Python is easy to learn as its features like one-liners and dynamic type system allow programmers to create/write fewer lines of code.
Python is still very famous and gaining popularity for its easy programming syntax, code readability, and English-like commands which makes coding in python easier and efficient. Python is also considered the best programming language for machine learning as well. It has a mature and supportive community to support developers ranging from beginner to expert level. Python also offers hundreds of libraries and frameworks you can use to select and save your effort and time on the cycle of software development. This article will tell you more about Python and the top Python certifications to achieve for a bright career.
What is Python?
Python is a high-level and general-purpose programming language that can be used for developing desktop GUI applications, web applications, and websites. It helps developers to focus on the core functionality of the application by taking care of common programming tasks. Python’s simple syntax rules make it easier to keep the code base readable and maintainable.
Python Applications- Here are some specific areas where Python can be used.
- Web Applications- Python can be used to develop web applications. It provides a wide range of libraries to handle internet protocols such as XML and HTML, request, email processing, JSON, beautifulSoup, Feedparser, etc. It also provides many frameworks such as Django and Pyramid, Plone and Django CMS, Flask and Bottle, etc.
- Desktop GUI Applications- Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides a smooth interaction to any application. Python provides a TK GUI Library to develop a user interface. Some of the related libraries are TKinter (TK), Kivy, PyQT or Pyside, and wxWidgets.
- Scientific and Numeric applications- Python has become an essential tool in scientific and numerical computing as it provides the base for applications that deal with computation and scientific data processing. It offers libraries such as SciPy, Pandas, IPython, NumPy, and Natural Language Toolkit.
- Artificial Intelligent and Machine Learning- AI/ML applications require different kinds of features that are stable, secure, flexible, and are equipped with tools to handle the unique requirements of projects. Python has all these qualities and is the most favored language of data science professionals.
- Software Development- Python application can simplify the process of software development, from developing complex applications to developing desktop and web applications. Several software developers are using Python as a support language to build, test, control, and manage applications.
- Enterprise-Level or Business applications- These applications are different from other standard applications as they require extensibility, readability, and scalability. Python fulfills these requirements as its scalability, high performance, readability, and flexibility features make it fully-functional and efficient.
Besides the above-mentioned fields, Python is also used in Web Scraping Applications, Image Processing, Graphic design applications, and many more.
Which Certifications are the Best for Python?
Have a look at these Python certification courses that will put you on the right pathway to learn Python and help you master the concepts.
OpenEDG Python Institute- Python certification courses are categorized in Entry(PCEP), Associate(PCAP), and Professional(PCPP) levels.
- PCEP (Certified Entry-Level Programmer)- This certification validates a candidate’s ability to accomplish coding tasks about the programming requirements in Python. It gives you a good understanding of the syntax and semantics of the python programming language, fundamental concepts of computer programming, and skills to resolve typical implementation challenges using the python standard library. This PCEP certification includes topics such as Basic formatting and output methods, Boolean values, Basics of Python, Compilations, Interpretation, Defining and using functions, Inputting and converting of data, Name scope issues, Fundamentals of computer programming, looping and control statements, Rules governing the building of expressions, New data aggregates-tuples, and dictionaries, etc.
- PCAP (Certified Associate In Python Programming)- This certification is designed to build confidence in the candidate about the programming skills and helps to stand apart from the herd in the job market. It will help you understand the basic notions and techniques employed by object-oriented programming, and in accomplishing coding tasks in Python. It covers topics such as concepts of variables and variables naming conventions, basics of Python, boolean values, defining and using functions, generators and closures, looping and control statements, slicing/working with multi-dimensional arrays, strings, lists, and other python data structures, the concept of exception and Python’s implementations of exceptions, etc.
- PCPP (Certified Professional in Python Programming)- It is a certification offered by the Python Institute. It offers two certifications PCPP 1, and PCPP 2. It helps to apply advanced OOP notions and techniques, perform coding tasks in Python and related technologies, create tools, frameworks, and complete systems.
PCPP 1- This certification validates the advanced python programming knowledge and skills of candidates. It covers topics such as Metaprogramming, PEP (Python Enhancement Proposals) and coding conventions; PEP 8, PEP 20, and PEP 257, File processing, GUI programming, and advanced perspective of classes and the features of object-oriented programming, selected Python libraries and modules, etc.
PCPP 2- This certification is ideal for Python professionals looking to reflect their broad programming skills and experience in Python and related technologies. It helps to design patterns, create and distribute packages, test principles, and techniques, etc. PCPP 2 covers topics such as basic directory structure, CRUD applications, Design Pattern, MySQL and SQL Commands, Relational databases, Model-View-Controller, Multiprocessing, threading, subprocess, and multi-process synchronization, etc.
Microsoft also offers a range of Python certifications like Microsoft Technology Associate 98-381: Introduction to Programming Using Python and Microsoft Python Certification Exam (98-381). By earning one or many certifications in the Python programming language, one can easily stand out from contemporaries and achieve the upper hand in terms of career opportunities. So it is the right time to opt for any certification course if you don’t have started Python yet.